Adding hyperlinks using Anchor Tag - Text Links
<a href="link"> Some text </a>
Hyperlinks are very important for the world wide web. Without hyperlinks the web would not have been interlocking and inter-related as it is today.
Hyperlinks are used to
- link one website to another
- navigate withing the website
- navigate to the specific part of other website and so on...
Letzcode is an online learning website
By default, an unvisited link is always underlined and blue, a visited link is underlined and purple and an active link is underlined and red. This can be changed using css properties.
The href attribute
The href attribute is used to specify the link.
The target attribute
This attribute tells the browser where to open the linked website or any other document.
There are different values for the target attriubte. Some of which are
- _blank - opens the document on a new/blank tab
- _top - opens the document on the same tab
Making a navigation bar